Cannasouth acquired a 60% share in Midwest Pharmaceutics in October 2019, and acquired the remaining 40% of these shares after a successful capital raise in August 2021.

Established in Hastings in 2001, Midwest operates a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliant manufacturing and packing facility specialising in the manufacture, re-packing and wholesale supply of pharmaceutical raw materials, including both actives and excipients and the manufacture of dietary supplements and herbal extracts.

Its products are used by compounding pharmacies, hospitals, universities and pharmaceutical and veterinary manufacturers. Midwest also markets and distributes its own branded products.

Cannasouth’s investment will enable it to use Midwest’s existing GMP manufacturing facilities and operations, reducing the time and risk of building its own GMP certified facility from scratch.